Monday, October 6, 2014

Tea Time

If you do not know, I drink a lot of tea.  I have one glass of tea everyday. Sometimes even two or three depending on my mood.  A couple of my friends wanted me to show my tea collection, so that is what I am doing today.


Here are all my teas.  It might be a small collection but I do not care.  I love what I have and I am slowly enlarging it.  I get all my tea from Teavana and if you have ever shopped there you will understand why it is not a large collection of tea.  Teavana is really good tea but it is really expensive for the tea you get.  It is like when people ask you why you get high grade make-up or clothes rather than the cheap stuff.  You just like it better and you do not care what you pay to get it.  That is how I feel about my teas.

Teavana sells loose leaf teas which are my favorite.  I like to see what is in my teas and what makes my teas taste so good.  I do not like tea bags because you can not see what they are putting in the tea bags.  There could be chemicals and/or artificial flavoring.  No thanks.

Now lets get into each tea I drink.  The first tea I ever bought from Teavana is the Samurai Chai Mate.


This was one of the teas that used to always be on sample.  Every time I would walk by the store I would get a sample of the tea.  One day, I decided I needed to buy the tea and I did.  I drank only this tea for a really long time.  I still drink it now and then.  I love drinking it warm in the colder months.

The second tea I bought from Teavana was a blend of Blueberry Bliss and Strawberry Lemonade.


This is my all time favorite tea in the summer.  I always have it iced.  Sometimes I like to throw fresh or frozen blueberries or strawberries into my drink.  I went into the store wanting a good iced tea since I already had a really good warm tea. They told me about this blend.  The lady behind the counter told me that she could make me a drink for me to try.  It would cost, but that way I could try it.  I said why not.  The worst thing that could happen is that I would not like it and then it only cost me for the drink. But that did not happen.  I feel in love with the drink and bought the tea right away.

I think that is the best idea for anyone trying tea for the first time. Ask the sales person behind the counter if they could make you a cup of it.  That way you could try it before you buy 2 or more ounces of tea you really don't like.  The next teas I purchased at Teavana is my favorite green tea blend, Strawberry Grapefruit Xue Long and Gyokuro Imparial.


This time I walked into the store really wanting a green tea.  Green tea is one of the best teas for you out there.  It is full of a lot of health benefits.  The sales lady said that they have many different kinds of green teas. I told her that I like fruity flavored teas.  She showed me many different flavored green teas.  I asked what is the best tea that gives the most health benefits.  She showed me the Gyokuro Imparial.  I got really nervous because it looked like grass not flavorful at all.  Then she said that she normally blends her Gyokuro Imparial with a flavored green tea so she can still get the yummy flavor and the health benefits.  She told me that she was going to make herself a blend and that I could try a sample before she takes a sip.  I was super impressed that she would do that for me.  After sampling hers, I feel in love with it like all the other teas I purchased.  I have had this tea both hot and cold. I was drinking it everyday but the Gyokuro Imparial would run out a little too quickly.  That tea is super expensive so I decided to just have my green tea every other day.

Now fall is my favorite season and I wanted a fall favored tea.  The tea I chose for that "fall feel" is the Pumpkin Spice Brulee.


In the fall, pumpkin is everywhere.  There is pumpkin spice this and pumpkin spice that so when I saw that Teavana was selling pumpkin spice tea I had to have it.  It tastes really good.  It is the perfect treat.  I like this tea both hot and cold but since the temperature is changing I normally make it hot.  There is nothing better than having a nice warm pumpkin spice tea Saturday morning under a blanket watching tv or reading a good book.

I just recently went into Teavana because I found out they had a reward system just like Starbucks.  (Why I did not know about this before is beyond me.)  So mainly I wanted that, but since I drove all the way there I could not not buy tea.  I purchased the Peach Momotaro and Weight to Go tea.



The Peach Momotaro tea is a blooming tea.  Blooming teas are white teas that when steeped in water show a beautiful flower display.  The Peach Momotaro tea is a really light peach flavor.  It is really delicious and super neat to see at the same time.  Weight to Go is the weight loss tea that Teavana offers.  I have not tried this tea long so I am unsure if it really does work.  I will let you know the minute I see results.  I drink this tea also every other day in the morning.  I drink it iced.  I have not tried it hot yet.

Now some of my friends asked how I sweeten my tea.  I also like using Teavana German Rock Sugar.


To tell you the truth, I normally do not drink my tea with any sweeter.  I used to only drink my tea with some type of sugar or honey.  That is the reason why I purchased the rock sugar.  I am trying to get away from adding any sugar to my tea.  But I still sometimes use it when I want a nice sweet treat.

That is my whole tea collection.  If you drink tea, what is your favorite tea out there.  It can be from Teavana or any place that you like.  Place your answer in a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment