Saturday, October 11, 2014

Schuett Farms

Today marks the official day that Freddy and I started dating.  As of today, we have been dating for six years.  It feels like yesterday that Freddy asked me to be his girlfriend, and now I am planning on marrying him.  I cannot be any more happier.

Freddy took off work so we could hang out all day.  We decided to go to a pumpkin farm.  We chose Schuett Farms because it was pretty close and they had a corn maze and a pumpkin patch.


On our way to the farm we could not stop telling stories about when we were young visiting the pumpkin farm.  We were so excited to relive our childhood memories today.

I had some many lovely memories of going to the pumpkin farm with my family.  I remember the farm had two haunted houses, corn maze, things to climb on, animals and there was a little store where you could get apple cider.  My sister and I would always get apple cider in green alien cups.

When Freddy and I got to the farm, the first thing we wanted to do was the corn maze.  While purchasing the tickets for the maze, I noticed some caramel popcorn.  I cannot even remember the last time I had that.  I purchased it so we would have something to munch on while doing the maze.  Also, if we got stuck in the maze at least we would not go hungry.



The maze was a lot of fun.  They had all these check points that you were supposed to find in the corn maze.  I believe that when you found them all you were entered for a prize.  We found a couple but got a little bored trying to find them all.  We wanted to get some pumpkins instead.  So we tried finding the exit which was a challenge in itself.




We had a ton of fun finding a lot of pumpkins. Freddy was being really picky with his pumpkin.  He wanted one that was perfectly round, no markings on it and extremely orange.  I kept telling him that those were already picked and in a pile close to the front of the farm.  But he wanted to pick his own pumpkin.  After walking around the patch for a while, he finally found one that he was happy with.




We really enjoyed the farm and maybe someday when we have children of our own we could take them to it.  That way they can also have great memories of the pumpkin farm.

Do you have any fun memories at the pumpkin farm?  Comment below your fun stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment