Monday, September 22, 2014

Hobby Weekend

This weekend, Freddy and I decided it would be all about our hobbies.  Freddy's hobby is video gaming and mine is crafting.  Now that does not just mean we got to do our hobbies all weekend.  It meant both of us had to participate in each other hobbies as well.  This gave us a little experience with each of our hobbies.  We really wanted to know what each other enjoys before we tie the knot.  Freddy and I really enjoyed this and we might do it again.


First we did my hobby.  At the Scrapbook Store and More there was an All Day Krop this Saturday and Freddy joined me.  It was a lot of fun to have him there.  I normally go by myself and it was really nice having someone there to talk to.


Freddy is very artistic when he wants to be.  He might never admit it to his friends but he is.  He really enjoyed making cards.  Freddy drew a Mario card that turned out amazing.  I was really impressive because he hand drew it.  I never knew Freddy was into drawing so much.  He had to keep asking me what colors to use since he is mildly color blind.  But that is alright.  I think it turned out really well.


He also created some scrapbook pages.  He helped me create scrapbook pages for the Brad Paisley concert.



Freddy then created the Six Flags pages all by himself while I did the proposal pages.  I think he did a really good job.  He might have a hidden talent...paper crafting.  He just kept saying I was a good teacher.



For dinner, Freddy and I treated ourselves to Japanica.  If you have not heard of Japanica, it is a really good Asian restaurant.  They have sushi and hibachi.  Since, Freddy has never eaten there before we decided to eat at the hibachi bar.  The food was delicious and the show was amazing to see.  I also tried sake for the first time.  We were feeling pretty good before coming back to craft.



After dinner we decided to have a little competition with our crafting.  We both picked one stamp set that we had to use in a card.  Freddy chose bee4me and hive4bees from the Stamps of Life.  We decided it would be okay if he chose two because they were in the same folder.  I chose the stamp set from Avery Elle called Bonjour.  We had to use at least one piece from the stamp sets in our cards.



This is what we came up with.  Which one is your favorite?  Comment below your answer.

Sunday was Freddy's hobby day.  So we played his video games all day.  I might be pulling teeth to say this but...I really liked playing video games.  It was a lot of fun.  My favorite game would have to be Diablo III.  I also played Spiral Knights, Orcs Must Die! 2, Warframe and War of Warcraft.




Freddy wanted me to play more games but I was really into Diablo III that we did not get to them.  I even created an account and Freddy bought me the game to play.  Freddy and I are leveling up together.  For dinner, Freddy took me to The Fox and Hounds Restaurant.  It is normally super expensive, but they had a buy one entree and get one free deal. So we could afford it.  Freddy and I feel in love with the place. We might end up having our wedding reception there.

No comments:

Post a Comment