Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hobbies

I have many hobbies.  The main hobby I have is crafting.  I love crafting and sharing all my creations with people.  I believe it runs in my family. 


My grandmother on my mother’s side loves to sew.  She made my sister and my window curtains once.  She also made my sisters’ Halloween costume one year.   She even hemmed my prom dress so it would fit me perfectly.  My grandmother on my father’s side also loved to sew.  She made many doll clothes for my sister and me.  My grandfather on my father’s side was even crafty.  He would carve animals and other things out of wood.  

My mother is also pretty crafty.  She was my Girl Scout leader when I was little and was really good at coming up with fun crafty ideas.  My mother would also take my sister and I to Michael's on Saturday mornings to do a craft.  My father also can be crafty at times.  He is crafty with wood.  He has made many different projects and even changed my parent’s basement into his own workshop.  My dad would also take my sister and I to Home Depot some Saturday mornings for crafting when we were little.  We would build things like bird houses and other small little wood projects.  That was fun to do. We even got orange smocks like the employees wear.

Now you know with all this craftiness in my blood I would also be crafty.  You are correct.  I love crafting.  Anything from those fun little kid crafts to hard wood working crafts.  I do more crafting with paper than anything.  Now I am not talking about Origami because I am not really good at that.  I am talking about scrapbooking and card making.  It all started with my mother.

The summer of 2006, my mother took my sister, my sister’s friend and I to Michael's and bought us all a mini scrapbook, 2 packs of stickers and 2 pens each.  She also bought us one pack of paper for all of us to share.  I loved cutting all our pictures and putting them on the piece of paper.  Soon I started running out of the supplies and started losing interest.  When I got to high school I got my first part time job and was able to purchase my own supplies. It really started getting fun again.  I started spending a lot of my paychecks on stickers, paper and other scrapbooking supplies.


Now I have about 5 different scrapbooks.  Since I have no pictures left to do more pages I am at a standstill.  I have to wait until something happens for me to do more pages.  I really wanted to continue paper crafting but I did not know what else to do.  I went to an All Day Krop at The Scrapbook Store (now known as The Scrapbook Store and More) and some other crafters where making cards.  I never got into card making only scrapbooking.  They made so many cards and they were really cute.  When I got home I started searching card making videos.  There are so many out there but one by Stephanie Barnard really stood out.  She was making a card with a jar of candy in it.  It was super cute and it did not seem really hard to make.  


I then decided to make cards.  I joined The Stamps of Life stamp club and started making cards.  I have been making cards for about 1 year now and I am starting to get really good at it.  I love learning new techniques and different ways to make cards.  I am always ready to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment